It’s been a hot, lazy Saturday for me. I’ve been hanging out, reading a book, drinking coffee, watching the Derby, doing a little laundry, setting up our new computer. Hmm, guess it hasn’t been so lazy after all! All that being said, it isn’t lost on me that today is Cinco de Mayo sooo…It’s happy hour at the Richard residence!!
We love Mexican food. We don’t need a holiday to celebrate our love of all things salsa. Spicy enchiladas, crispy tacos, refreshing margaritas, you can bet we indulge at least once a week!
One of our favorite places for Mod Mex food is Momocho in Cleveland, Ohio. One of my besties works there and introduced us to it a few years ago. I crave the guacamole and margaritas!!! I’m having one of those cravings right now! Since I can’t hop in the car and drive the 531 miles to my gastronomical Mod Mex heaven (but guacamole and margaritas for breakfast is tempting!!) I’ll have to make do with my own quite tasty knock off at home.
Guacamole with Pineapple, Jicama and Mint
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced fine
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove roasted garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Habanero pepper (as much or as little as you like)
- Salt & pepperPlace all ingredients in a bowl, mash with a fork and stir to combine. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and a nice, cold margarita. How easy is that?!
The next time you’re in Cleveland (it does rock you know) stop by and see my friend Cristy. Her smiling happy face will be your passport to a fantastic evening! Viva Momocho!!